Popcorn & Ice Cream is a small business serving the needs of small businesses. We are passionate about being smart for our clients and love that great ideas come from all members of our team. Everyone on our team participates in high-level strategic planning, works on executing client programs and supports administrative tasks. There is no work above your pay grade or beneath you. Being on our team offers deep exposure to all aspects of marketing campaigns – an opportunity unique to working in a small firm on multiple client projects.
We recognize great minds aren’t all local to the Washington, DC area (though we are partial to those around the Beltway). Our extended team resides worldwide and collaborates across the miles via phone, email and Skype.
We’re always on the lookout for great new talent. If you have a passion for small business, a commitment to great service, and are proud of your excellent grammar, please get in touch.
Job Title: Marketing Project Manager
Commitment: 15-20 hours/week, flexible schedule
Popcorn & Ice Cream is a Washington, DC-based marketing consulting firm focused exclusively on supporting small businesses, start-ups, and nonprofits. We understand the unique needs of organizations working to grow on limited budgets and focus on identifying the best-fit approach and tactics considering business and strategic objectives. Our work includes product and service companies serving both B2B and consumer markets, as well as brick and mortar retail establishments, community-based organizations, and nonprofits. We work as a collaborative agency, bringing together the most appropriate and qualified marketing resources for every project on which we work.
We seek a part-time Marketing Project Manager to support daily production and implementation of our clients’ marketing programs, as well as help with internal Popcorn & Ice Cream administrative and business development tasks.
The ideal applicant has experience with marketing strategy, brand identity, content creation, social media management, client-facing communication, and/or project management. Success in this role means multitasking efficiently, anticipating client and team member needs, managing expectations, and delivering action items on time.
• Conduct online background, social media, and competitor research to support development of marketing plans. Make recommendations based on findings and proof plans prior to delivery.
• Gather and create necessary assets to implement a project, such as photos, logos and graphics, copy, background information, and more.
• Support implementation of marketing plans by coordinating with PIC team members and third-party vendors.
• Organize milestones for each project and break down plans into production schedules.
• Communicate internally about strategy, project updates and timelines.
• Own aspects of client projects, such as monthly email newsletters, social media, CRM, website copy, and tradeshows and events.
• Support internal administrative tasks such as database management, social media, and website management.
The Ideal Applicant
• 2-5 years experience in marketing and/or project management.
• Bachelors and/or masters degree in communications, media, business administration, graphic design, or marketing.
• Extremely detail-oriented, ability to multi-task, and superior time management skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills; an excellent communicator and collaborator.
• A self-starter, able to anticipate team and client needs before they arise.
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to adjust plans quickly.
• Knowledgeable about the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
Popcorn & Ice Cream is located in Friendship Heights in Washington, DC. Individuals can work from our office or remotely depending on their location and situation.
Who Should Apply?
This is a great role for:
• Parents seeking a part-time return to workforce
• Military spouses
• Recent college graduates
• Freelance marketing consultants
Ready to Apply?
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. You may also submit up to five graphic design samples and/or your online portfolio, however this is not mandatory. Please ensure your resume includes at least one reference contact.
While we had a year of experience, we were really looking to focus our marketing efforts and refine our business strategy. Popcorn & Ice Cream helped us channel our ideas, define our brand, and put in motion a plan for long-term success.